GP Connect Data Models
- Data model assets to be held on GitHub.
- Data models to be licensed under the Apache 2 license.
- Code repositories will use the GitFlow branching model.
- A Data library Git repository will hold shared/common resources.
- FHIR resources will carry the major version in the name (e.g. gpconnect-patient-1) and major/minor version within StructureDefinition/Conformance.
- Profiling tools (i.e. Furore Forge) will be used to create FHIR StructureDefinitions and ValueSets.
It is common for the base FHIR® standard to require further adaptation to a particular context of use.
Profiling is a general term which describes the process of adapting the base standard for use in a specific context. Typically, the profiling process both restricts and extends APIs, resources and terminologies.