NHS Digital Profile:
HL7 FHIR STU3 Resource:
API to support the retrieval of a single NRL pointer. This functionality is available for consumers and providers.
Read Request Headers
Consumer and Provider API read requests support the following HTTP request headers:
||Client System ASID||MUST|
||The Spine ASID||MUST|
The read interaction allows a consumer or provider to retrieve a single pointer (DocumentReference) by logical ID. The consumer or provider must issue an HTTP GET as shown:
Note the status of the pointer must be “current” for the pointer to be retrieved.
- SHALL return a
200SUCCESS HTTP status code on successful execution of the interaction.
- SHALL return a response body containing a DocumentReference resource which conforms to the ‘NRL-DocumentReference-1’ profile and has the status “current”.
Example Successful Response:
The following errors can be triggered when performing this operation:
An authorised NRL Consumer retrieves a pointer to patient’s relevant health record using the NRL to discover potentially vital information to support a patient’s emergency crisis care.
Return DocumentReference resource (pointer) with logical ID 0353e505-f7be-4c20-8f4e-337e79a32c51-76009894321256642261. The format of the response body will be XML.
curl -H 'Accept: application/fhir+xml' -H 'Authorization: BEARER [token]' -X GET '[baseUrl]/DocumentReference/0353e505-f7be-4c20-8f4e-337e79a32c51-76009894321256642261'
Query Response Http Headers
HTTP/1.1 200 OK Server: nginx/1.10.0 (Ubuntu) Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2017 08:36:12 GMT Content-Type: application/fhir+xml;charset=utf-8 Last-Modified: Mon, 19 Jun 2017 08:36:12 GMT
Pointer (DocumentReference) Returned:
- HTTP 200-Request was successfully executed
- DocumentReference that conforms to the
No Record (pointer) Matched:
- HTTP 404-Not Found. No record found.
- OperationOutcome resource that conforms to the ‘Spine-OperationOutcome-1’ profile
Error Response (OperationOutcome) Returned:
- HTTP 400-Bad Request.
- OperationOutcome resource that conforms to the ‘Spine-OperationOutcome-1’ profile if the resource cannot be returned
See the general API guidance for all HTTP Error response codes supported by the NRL.