Playing with FHIR – Introduction
This is the first in a series of tutorial posts that will show you how to make use of the various FHIR specifications that are currently being developed by HSCIC and their development partners.
The tutorials will cover broad aspects of FHIR including :
- how to use use FHIR in a RESTful manner
- using FHIR for messaging
- how to navigate the HSCIC FHIR specifications
- making use of various open source products for FHIR
These tutorials are primarily developed for people internal to HSCIC though of course anyone can use them in learning more about FHIR.
During the course of the tutorials we’ll make us of the Chrome browser and plugins (see Tut001), this is clearly not the only way to make RESTful calls feel free to explore alternatives.
We will also be making use of a number of public test websites that use FHIR, these are provided by the FHIR community and are development servers. They will from time to to be unavailable and the data upon them may be cleared down.
As the list develops the various tutorials will be added below.
- TUT001 : Getting ready for FHIR and REST
- TUT002 : Creating a PATIENT
- TUT003 : Creating a PATIENT (via code)
- TUT004 : Deleting a PATIENT
If you have any questions or feedback on this tutorial then please feedback so we can improve the future tutorials.
Was this article useful?5