This section details the “Messaging Architecture” used for ITK3 using FHIR messaging and documents such as:
- The different types of bundle structures which may be used
- Identifying the FHIR Resources which are Profiled
- Providing example bundle instances
- Explaining the extensions to the header Resource for ITK3 Handling Specifications
Pre-Requisites for FHIR ITK3 Messaging Solutions
There are some pre-requisites for the use of the ITK3 Messaging Distribution specification which are detailed below.
ITK3 Messaging Distribution Requirements
- SHALL support HL7 FHIR STU3.
- SHALL implement ITK3 Sender and/or Receiver Responsibilities as per ITK3 Document Sender and Receiver Requirements when sending an ITK3 FHIR Document.
- SHALL support the XML format for all NHS Digital document and message flows.
Systems SHOULD declare a Conformance using the FHIR Resource Capability Statement identifying the list of message definitions supported.