GP principal clinical system suppliers wishing to validate their capability to receive and process messages received through GP Connect Messaging use cases will be provided with a “synthetic sender” solution to facilitate their development process.
This capability is currently at the design phase. However, it is envisaged that NHS Digital will provide access to a test portal where GP system providers will be able to manually trigger the sending of a test message selected from a set of exemplar messages which conform to the set of messaging use cases defined at the time.
For example, the following steps would represent validation that a message receiver appropriately handles a particular messaging use case:
- GP system supplier tester logs on to NHS Digital portal, selects the GP Connect Message “Send Consultation Report” use case, and triggers sending of an exemplar message for this use case
- the exemplar message is sent to the MESH mailbox associated with the portal login context
- the GP system supplier retrieves the message from the MESH inbox, and processes the message
- during message processing, any requested acknowledgements are sent by the GP provider system to a test mailbox ID specified by NHSD
- the validation reports for the acknowledgements are emailed back to the sender (relies on an email/mailbox having been registered within the synthetic sender)
Note: positive and negative acknowledgement responses can be triggered, either by using specific patients, already loaded into the open test environment, or by setting the practitioner given name to a specific value.
Please contact NHS Digital Solution Assurance for more specific queries regarding testing and assurance of your GP Connect messaging use case.