An overview of this implementation guide is versioned.
This page outlines the versioning and maturity label attached to this specification. The maturity and stability of specific events is outlined and described on the Supported Event Messages page.
The specification uses version numbering as follows, MAJOR.MINOR.PATCH which is incremented as follows:
- MAJOR version when you make incompatible API changes,
- MINOR version when you add functionality in a backwards-compatible manner, and
- PATCH version when you make backwards-compatible bug fixes.
NEMS Service Maturity Label
The maturity label on this specification indicates the maturity of the NEMS as a service rather than an indication of the maturity of the specific specification version. The labels are taken from the GDS development process stages, and will be one of:
- Experimental: Early development/POC version of an API for early sight during discovery
- Alpha: Initial test APIs, likely to change substantially, or be discontinued as the project develops
- Beta: APIs that are still under active development and subject to change, but that are likely to progress into a live API
- Release Candidate: APIs that are largely complete, unlikely to change substantially, but still need further testing before becoming live
- Live: Release live APIs
- Discontinued: APIs which have been discontinued and should not be used for new development.