Prerequisites for connection
To use the e-RS Integration APIs you must:
- Use a secure Health and Social Care Network (HSCN) Connection (or an N3 connection until migration to HSCN)
- Have an NHS smartcard with valid e-RS role for the data you are requesting or submitting
- Be issued with a unique Endpoint (and specific test data for use in development environments)
How to get connected
To get connected to the e-RS API Development environment you will need the following:
- A connection to the Health and Social Care Network (HSCN) - the secure NHS network (if you do not have a connection or are experiencing problems connecting, contact your network provider)
- Access to test data (email: email@example.com)
- NHS Smartcards - if you do not have a valid smartcard for development please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To register the messaging product using a Manufacturer, product and version (MPV) form if required
- To register your message handling service with the Spine by requesting an endpoint (an authorised connection to Spine) to be created unless you have an endpoint administrator in your organisation who can do this for you - please complete the endpoint admin access request form (epr) to manage your own endpoints
- To register your Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) with the NHS DNS team
- The Identity Agent Client software
More detailed guidance of the connection process can be found here. In all correspondence with NHS Digital please make it clear you are trying to connect to the e-RS APIs in the development environment (DEV1).
Once connected you can access the following NHS e-Referral Service (e-RS) URLs for development and testing.
For further assistance with the connection process please contact email@example.com. Alternatively, for assistance relating specifically to the e-RS APIs and their functionality please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.