The Catch-all search is invoked if, following the filtering processes, there are fewer than two remaining services that can be returned. This is in order to provide the patient with a choice of services. The following rules are applied:
- If 1 or fewer services match, up to the nearest two services profiled with the Service Type ‘Emergency Department’ are returned.
- The catch-all service(s) must be within the default 60km search distance; any distance passed in as a search parameter is ignored
- The catch-all service must be Active
- Where there is one matching service, if one of the catch-all services is a duplicate of this return, it will not be included
- Where there is one matching service, this is displayed before the catch-all return(s) and the catch-all services are displayed in ascending distance order
- The Service Name is suffixed with ‘(Catch-all)’